- Donate Now
- Contact Us
What is Servant Leadership?
The vision of servant-leadership has at its core the conviction that true leadership springs from serving those whom one leads rather than striving to gain power and control over them.
Skills essential to living out the model of servant-leadership include:
- the deepening of personal awareness;
- active listening;
- collaborative decision-making;
- conflict management;
- using power ethically;
- trust formation; and
- learning through reflection on experience.
Key benefits of the servant-leader approach are:
- enhanced creativity and productivity;
- intellectual and emotional investment in group or staff members; and
- greater efficiency in task completion.
Servant-leader skills can be used:
- at work;
- with family and friends;
- in volunteer activities; and
- in faith communities.